V2.6 Submitted for BETA!
Version 2.6 of CraftWorld for Windows Phone 7 has been submitted for the BETA version for certification. It’s almost 7am Saturday morning, so I’mma do this QA style.
Q: I am running the other two versions. When do I see this update?
A: A couple of days after the BETA is approved and we get the OK via feedback from CraftWorld users, we’ll push the update with additional fixes and tweaks to FREE and PAID.
Q: My World’s in v2.5 are still broken!
A: We sincierly aplogize for that. We’ve added cloud storage in v2.6, that will allow you to upload these worlds where we can access them and figure out the exact problem.
Q: I’ve been playing the BETA and want to keep my worlds from the ALPHA as well!
A: Cloud storage gives you five slots. Free, paid or beta it does not matter. It is one shared account so you can move about as you like. Even on PC when that version is released very soon!
Q: v2.6 took almost two weeks!
A: The changelog is huge. A new save system, cloud storage, creative mode, Craftapedia etc…. This is another beastly update you will most certainly love!
Q: What happened to the performance in v2.5?
A: The trees. The trees leaves degrade over time and left behind huge volumes of save, and in memory data. v2.6 cleans this up, but a first load of an old world may take up to 5 minutes to complete this. (Worst case)
Here’s a breif changelog. I’ve taken it from the update book to save some time.
Another huge update. Intended to be bug fixing/opmisiation update, it added a number of enourmous features. Cloud Storage was added due to players not being able to access their worlds.
We now can download your worlds and do extensive testing so long as it is reported to us. Survival mode was also added in this update.
- New Cloud Storage. 5 slots
- New Cloud Accounts. 1per device
- New PC compatible Cloud storage.
- New Creative Mode, unlimited inventory and fly mode
- New 3rd generation save system. Faster, smaller and more reliable
- New Save on mango-multitask
- New Sprites and smelters and workbenches
- New Cloud storage between all WP7 version compatible.
- New Crafting templates at the request of users.
- New Mirrored templates. eg. Bow can be made reversed
- New Region recovery added. A damaged save does not drop data, but uses as much as it can safely
- New Added Signposts
- New Added Signs
- New Signs support 3 line
- New More info on loading
- New Book Templates added
- New Wiki button
- Optimised trees. Was causing long term performance degradation.
- Optimised Drop block merging
now smooth and fast
- Optimised Performance doubled
- Fixed: duplication bugs.
- FixedWorlds may be deleted now.
- FixedItem loss in Chests
- Fixed Bricks, sandstone tougher
- Fixed Chest and smelter
ejection tweaked lower
- Fixed Blocks bounce off walls
- Fixed Pigs no longer cause
pork explosion when wet.
- Fixed Backgrounds restored
- Fixed Gray dot artifact
- Fixed Door noise and state load
- Fixed Damage Crack Z-fighting
- Fixed, Weaker Zombies now
- Fixed Sword takes damage
- Fixed Attack rate faster
- Fixed Attack rate matches animation
- Fixed Door texture replaced or 5 line mode.
- Fixed Smelter progress lost when interacted with
- Fixed Ghost blocks
- Fixed Crash on screen flip
- Fixed Physics crashes
- Fixed Cobblestone name
- Fixed Vibrate decreased
- Fixed Swords crafting changed
Thanks for reading!