Cloud storage and v2.6
We are currently working on adding cloud storage of your world saves to CraftWorld. This is a true, hassle free backup method that will be made available not just to WP7 users, but also to PC users of CraftWorld. This does not require dropbox, skydrive or any third party method, so it “just works” like magic.
When you download either version of CraftWorld, you receive a total of 5 slots of online storage for your worlds. This is a shared account that allows you to download the very same worlds on PC, and then upload again on PC. The benefits of this simple system are as follows:
1) Migration of worlds from WP7 to PC
2) Migration of worlds between FREE PAID and BETA versions of CraftWorld
3) One shared world you can play on your laptop, desktop, Slate WP7 etc…
We are working hard to squeeze this feature in for v2.6, so keep this blog in your favourites and subscribe to our twitter to keep up with the latest news.
Version 2.6 for FREE, PAID and BETA versions are a performance, stability and save system update. Users have reported lost worlds, missing regions and a few other rare bugs and we have responded, and developed this new update in response. The biggest improvements are as follows:
- Faster save and load times
- Faster graphics updates, eg. No more “Ghost” blocks
- More resilient saves, handling rare corrupted data more effectively by recovering as much data as possible.
- No more item duplication cheats.
- No more tree fragments cutting through walls.
- PC, Xbox and WP7 cross platform save compatibility
- The smelter no longer destroys objects
- Decreased save size, and decreased memory consumption
- Vibration option now works
- Sign posts (More on those later)
If after this update you still have a world or two that does not load, please contact us via email so as we may retrieve your save data via the cloud storage system. From here we can conduct more accurate tests, and go on to fix any and all issues for everyone in the following patch.
Thanks for reading!